Google is now bringing a new Search Annotation feature to all Google search users worldwide. Users will have to toggle on the feature from the Search Labs to be able to add notes to Google Search results and also see notes left by other users on these links.
Google Gets New Annotation Feature
As per the screenshot below, the new Google Notes on Search feature is an opt-in experiment for Google users. Currently, it can only be enabled from the Search Labs option in the Google app on Android and iOS platforms. Below are the steps to enable it.
- Open the Google app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Beaker icon in the top left corner to open Search Labs.
- If you have received the feature, you should see it as the first option.
- Toggle on the Notes on Search to add notes to Google search results.
- You should now see a button to Add notes or See notes in Google search below every result.