Apple is looking to focus on making iPhones in India, especially the new iPhone 15 series. The company have started putting together the iPhone 15 in India, and you can buy these Indian-made ones as soon as it is released. In the next few months (from October to December), Apple will also start making the iPhone 15 Plus in India.
How and Where the iPhone 15 Plus Will Be Assembled?
Apple plans to start assembling the iPhone 15 Plus at its Foxconn’s plant in Tamil Nadu, the Economic Times reported.
Apple iPhone 15 Plus Specifications
- Dimensions: 160.9 x 77.8 x 7.8 mm (6.33 x 3.06 x 0.31 in)
- Build Glass: Glass front (Corning-made glass), glass back (Corning-made glass), aluminum frame
- Display Type: Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (HBM), 2000 nits (peak)
- Display Size: 6.7 inches, 110.2 cm2 (~88.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- OS: iOS 17
- Chipset: Apple A16 Bionic (4 nm)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2×3.46 GHz Everest + 4×2.02 GHz Sawtooth)
- GPU: Apple GPU (5-core graphics)
- Card slot: No
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Rear Camera: Dual 48 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.0µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS + 12 MP, f/2.4, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- Front Camera: Single 12 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″, PDAF SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Ultra Wideband 2 (UWB) support, Emergency SOS via satellite (SMS sending/receiving)
- Battery Type: Li-Ion, non-removable
- Charging: Wired, 50% in 30 min (advertised), 15W wireless (MagSafe), 7.5W wireless (Qi)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink
Apple is scheduled to start pre-orders for the iPhone 15 series in India today at 5:30 pm. The new iPhones will then go on sale from September 22nd onwards.