The South Korean tech giant Samsung is once again set to challenge rivals such as Qualcomm and Apple with its latest mobile processor, the upcoming Samsung’s Exynos 2400 deca-core. Leaked information suggests that this new chipset from Samsung will address previous performance concerns associated with Exynos chipsets. The Exynos 2400 is expected to make its debut in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S24 flagship series next year.
Samsung Exynos 2400
As per the recent benchmark scores, the Exynos 2400 has the potential to perform on par with Apple’s M2 chipset. The leak comes from a trusted source, RGcloudS, who shared details about the highly anticipated Exynos 2400 SoC. One of the notable improvements in this chipset is its 10-core setup, offering a range of cores optimized for different CPU functions. While not all cores are expected to operate simultaneously, tasks will be efficiently distributed among the available cores.
1/4— RGcloudS (@RGcloudS) July 12, 2023
Exynos 2400 on progress
final spec, packaging method, etc still in negotiation between division
samsung 2.5D & 3D packaging method finally mature for all designs, thanks to synopsys
first exynos with 2.5D I-CubeS https://t.co/y1nG40pn6I
Initially, it was rumored that the Exynos 2400 would utilize the Fo-WLP or Fan-out wafer-level packaging method for thinner and more efficient chips. However, recent rumors suggest a downgrade to the I-Cube process for chip packaging. According to the leaks, the Exynos 2400 SoC will feature a 10-core CPU configuration, including one Prime X4 core, two Cortex-A720 gold cores, three Cortex-A720 silver cores, and four Cortex-A520 efficiency cores.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra specifications
- Display: A 6.8-inch QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with 120Hz refresh rate support.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC paired with Adreno GPU.
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB RAM and 1TB of storage.
- OS: Android 13-based OneUI 5.1 custom skin out of the box.
- Galaxy S23 Ultra Cameras: Quad cameras on the back, with a 200MP Samsung HP2 primary camera, a 12MP ultra-wide camera, a 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom, and 10MP telephoto lens with 10x optical zoom. There is a 12MP snapper on the front for selfies and video chats.
- Battery: A 5,000mAh battery with 45W fast charging support, wireless PowerShare, and fast wireless charging 2.0.