Samsung has finally started rolling out the stable One UI 5 Watch OS version for the eligible Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 4 beta testers. Starting July 20, 2023, the update is rolling out with three major changes – sleep management, fitness features, and user safety.
The South Korean tech giant introduced “One UI 5 Watch” OS update, a few months ago, for the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5 series. The latest update is based on Google’s Wear OS 4.0. Below let’s check the full changelog.
Watch faces and tiles
- Add watch faces and tiles more easily
- A new vertical layout makes it easier to find the watch faces and tiles that are right for you.
- Improved Buds controller tile
- You can now turn 360 audio on and off from the Buds controller tile if your Buds support 360 audio.
- Quick access to timers
- You can start timers from the new.
Timer tile without opening the Timer app
- Set an album or story as your watch face
- Instead of just one picture, you can now make your watch face cycle between pictures in an album or story that you select. Your watch face will change to a different picture each time you turn on the watch screen.
- Automatically record cycling workouts – Samsung Health can now detect when you start cycling and record your workout automatically. You can also set whether to automatically map your cycling routes.
- Get heart rate guidance during running workouts
- Your watch can provide personalized heart rate zones while you run to help you manage your exercise intensity.
Backup and restore
- Keep your watch data safe
- Files and data from your watch are periodically backed up to your phone when it’s connected to your watch. You can also save backups to Samsung
- Cloud. Your phone needs the latest version of the Smart Switch app to use this feature.
Control your phone
- More call controls
- You now have more control over calls without touching your phone. You can adjust the call volume, mute sound, and press buttons on the keypad, all from your watch.
- Dictate text with the Home button
- Just press and hold the Home button any time you’re entering text with Samsung Keyboard to instantly switch to voice input.
- Use multiple timers at once
- You can now have up to 20 timers running at the same time to help keep track of all your tasks.
- Share your medical info in an emergency
- A button to access your medical info will appear automatically when a hard fall is detected or when you press the Home button 5 times to start.
Emergency SOS feature
- Device care
- Check the status of your watch’s battery, storage, and memory and immediately fix any problems to extend battery life and keep your watch running smoothly.
- Control your watch without touching it
- Universal gestures let you control your watch without touching the screen or pressing a button. You can assign various actions to gestures such as shaking your wrist, making a fist, or pinching your fingers.
- Organize apps in folders
- Create folders to keep your apps organized so you can find the apps you need quickly with less scrolling.
How to install the latest update?
The latest One UI 5 Watch stable update is available for the Galaxy Watch 5, Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, Galaxy Watch 4 LTE, Galaxy Watch 4 Bluetooth and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. Below follow the following steps to install the latest version.
- Connect your watch to your phone via Bluetooth.
- Turn on WiFi on your watch and connect to a WiFi network.
- Launch Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
- Visit Watch settings > Watch software update.
- Download OTA updates.
Join Our Telegram Channel For Instant Samsung Updates.