WhatsApp has recently shared the screen share features with its users and now the company is working on more features to compete with the growing X (Twitter) social media platform. According to the latest information, the scheduled group calls for both voice and video are coming soon. This function is similar to what we’ve seen on Zoom, Microsoft Teams and others. WhatsApp users can expect the availability of this feature in the next few weeks.
WhatsApp schedule group calls feature
As per the Wabetainfo, this feature will enable users to arrange and inform all other participants automatically about upcoming group calls on the platform. It is currently available fo only beta testers and if you are looking to test it, just download the 188.8.131.52 version.
How to set up a WhatsApp schedule group call
- Tap the call button.
- You will have the option to pick a call subject and choose the date for the scheduled call.
- Additionally, you can decide whether it will be a video or voice group call.
- After making your choices, tap ‘Send.’ WhatsApp will then dispatch a message to the group.
- An event will automatically be inserted into the group chat when you schedule the group call.
- Those who opt to participate will receive a notification 15 minutes before the call begins.