If you have recently purchased a new Apple Watch and are exploring it, you might be looking for tips and tricks for apps. It might seem a bit confusing, but it’s actually simple and quick. When you’re not using an app, it’s better to close it to save battery.
Keeping apps running in the background all the time uses up battery for no reason. In this helpful guide, we’ll teach you how to close apps on your Apple Watch.
How to Close an Unwanted App on Apple Watch
If you are using Apple Watch with watchOS 9 or earlier versions, all you need to press and release the Side button on your Apple Watch. This will show you the apps opened in the background.
For watchOS 10, you need to double-press the Digital Crown to see the recently opened apps. Then, use the Digital Crown or your finger to scroll through the opened apps. After that, swipe left the app you wish to close. Now, just click on the X button (in the red box) to close an app on your Apple Watch Series 8.
How to Force Close Apps on Apple Watch
If you are using your Watch regularly and facing issues related to freezing. Here’s the solution.
1. Just Press and hold the side button until you see the Emergency call (SOS) and power off button on the top right corner.
2. Then, press & hold the Digital Crown until the app closes and the watch face appears.
Bonus tip to save battery on Apple Watch
- Always try to use darker or minimal wallpapers.
- Avoid bright display.
- Decrease the use of GPS and Heart Rate readings.
- Work on the notifications.
- Find the apps that are not useful.
Thanks for reading this tutorial article. Check out our more tips and tricks article here.